AJP to host Oh Snap! Photography Camp at The Steward School
Want to learn the essentials of digital photography and how to tell a compelling story with your work? AJP is hosting the Oh Snap! Photography Camp at The Steward School’s Summer Experience, and will teach students (Grades 6-12) the basics of photography.
Dates: July 5-9 (9 a.m. – Noon) | Grades: 6-12 | Cost: $215 | REGISTER ONLINE!
Curriculum will include:
- Learning about all the buttons on their digital camera and what they do
- Introducing photography basics: exposure triangle, white balance, resolution, megapixels + more
- Capturing photos that tell a story
- Daily adventures coupled with in-class discussions to help students master camera settings and develop a creative eye
- Students should bring a digital camera with manual adjustment capacities and a camera manual to class
The following recommendations are cameras that allow for manual adjustments, and are matched with level of experience and interest. These are only recommendations and are not expected to be the exact cameras students attend camp with.
- Hobbyist: PowerShot SX620 HS Digital Camera
- Students who enjoy capturing photos with a point-and-shoot camera
- Beginners: Canon PowerShot SX420 Digital Camera
- Students who are diving into photography with a DSLR camera
- Advanced: Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera Bundle
- Students who know the basics of operating a DSLR, and want to invest in their passion for photography
- Vloggers: Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Video Creator Kit
- Students who are natural storytellers and love engaging others via Instagram TV, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
Contact Aaron Jay Photography for more guidance on appropriate cameras + Oh Snap!
Please contact Chuck Robinson, Steward’s coordinator of auxiliary programs, with any questions regarding Steward’s Summer Experience offerings + policies.