Oh Snap! Photography Camp
AJP is excited to host its Oh Snap! Photography Camp at The Steward School’s Summer Experience, and will teach students (Grades 6-12) the basics of photography.
Aspiring shutterbugs will learn about the exposure triangle, white balance, resolution, and megapixels. We’ll discuss how to capture an image that speaks a thousand words. Daily adventures coupled with in-class discussions will help you master your camera settings and develop a creative eye. Students should bring a digital camera with manual adjustment capacities and a camera manual to class. Cameras must be a DSLR or mirrorless camera that shoots in manual mode.
Dates: July 10-14 (9 a.m. – 12 p.m.) | Grades: 6-12 | Cost: $215 | REGISTER ONLINE!
The curriculum will include:
- Learning about all the buttons on their digital camera and what they do
- Introducing photography basics: exposure triangle, white balance, resolution, megapixels + more
- Capturing photos that tell a story
- Daily adventures
- In-class discussions
- Students must bring a digital camera with manual adjustment capacities and a camera manual to class
The following recommendations are cameras that allow for manual adjustments. These are only recommendations and are not expected to be the exact cameras students attend camp with.
- Hobbyist: PowerShot SX620 HS Digital Camera
- Students who enjoy capturing photos with a point-and-shoot camera
- Beginners: Canon PowerShot SX420 Digital Camera
- Students who are diving into photography with a DSLR camera
- Advanced/Vloggers: Canon EOS R10 Mirrorless Camera
- Students who know the basics of photography and want to invest in their passion.
- Students who are natural storytellers and love engaging others via Instagram TV, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
Contact Aaron Jay Ledesma for more guidance on appropriate cameras + Oh Snap!
Contact Chuck Robinson, Steward’s coordinator of auxiliary programs, with any questions regarding Steward’s Summer Experience offerings + policies.